Thursday 24 May 2007

Albums Of The Week

As I said in my welcome each week I will chose two albums from the list on the right and post a top video from each. Well this weeks choices were fairly straightforward despite there being numerous well known artists with new albums. Paul McCartney, Rihanna and Mutya Buena I passed over for obvious reasons. There are also new releases from Marilyn Manson and R Kelly but I'm not really a fan of either. So this week I chose Queens Of The Stone Age's Era Vulgaris and DJ Khaled's We The Best.

Two years after Lullabies To Paralyse QOTSA are back and their new album contains collaborations with Julian Casablancas of the Strokes and remixes by Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie. Alain Johannes has left bass to be replaced by Michael Shuman and Dean Fertita has joined as keyboard/guitar player. The track I have chosen to show is their first single from the album. Its 3's and 7's live on Channel 4's Transmission with T-Mobile as they don't seem to have an actual video.

Now DJ Khaled is someone I kinda stumbled onto by accident while browsing the USA itunes store to see what was happening across the Atlantic and still his new stuff hasn't hit the U.K. Anyway in his new album DJ Khaled has collaborated with half of hip-hop. Backing artists or whatever you want to call them include T.I, Akon, Ludacris, The Game, Dre and Fat Joe. I think that We Takin Over has been fairly huge in the U.S as it should because it is a top track and it is the video I have chosen to post. We Takin Over includes T.I., Akon, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Birdman and Lil' Wayne


You can pre-order Era Vulgaris at amazon or play.com. Unfortunately no word of a U.K. release for We The Best but I'll post the release date as soon as it comes available.

No comments: